RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
In order to receive full legal protections of the Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act, qualified patients must register the Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Program to receive a registry identification card. The application fee is $75, however the fee is reduced to $10 for patients receiving Medicaid, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
HOW TO OBTAIN A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM I.D. CARD
- Acquire an Attending Practitioner Statement signed by a physician licensed to practice in the State of Rhode Island. This can be found within the application form below.
- Complete and sign a Registration for Medical Marijuana Program – New Application.
- Pay an application fee of $75 via check or money order, payable to RI General Treasure.
- If you are currently receiving Medicaid, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), the fee is reduced to $10 and you MUST submit satisfactory evidence along with your application of being a recipient.
- Mail your application forms and application fee to:
Department of Health - Medical Marijuana Program
Office of Health Professionals Regulation, Room 104
3 Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908-5097
HOW TO qualify for MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN RHODE ISLAND
- Must be a resident of Rhode Island with a valid Rhode Island I.D. as proof of residency. If you do not have a Rhode Island I.D. an out of state I.D., passport, or other photo I.D. with proof of residency such as bank statement, utility bill, etc. is acceptable.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records indicating diagnosis of a qualifying condition, as listed below. Learn how to request your medical records and remember to bring these records with you to your marijuana evaluation appointment.
- Obtain written certification from a physician licensed in the state of Rhode Island that that you are a qualifying patient.You can find a qualified medical marijuana doctor in Rhode Island here.
- Register with the Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Program to receive a registry identification card aka medical marijuana card by sending your application form and application fee to the address listed below. Patients can download an application here.