VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
Under Vermont medical marijuana law, qualifying patients must register with and receive a Marijuana Registry Identification Card from the Vermont Marijuana Registry. The Registry will process your application within 30 days after your application is complete. If your application is approved you will be notified in writing and receive a Marijuana Registry Identification Card, also referred to as a medical marijuana card or a cannabis card. If your application is denied you will be notified in writing and be advised of your right to appeal the denial. Registrations are issued for one year and are renewable.
HOW TO OBTAIN A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IN VERMONT
- Obtain a Marijuana Registry Physician’s Medical Verification Form from a physician licensed to practice in Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or New York. (You can find amedical marijuana doctor in Vermont here.)
- Complete and sign the Registered Patient Application Form.
- Contact a notary public to notarize your signature.
- Create a digital photograph of yourself in a .jpg format and copy the photo to a floppy disk or CD. Label the disk or CD with your name and date of birth and include it with your application.
- Send your notarized application form, digital photo, Physician’s Medical Verification Form, and $50 application fee to:
Vermont Marijuana Registry
Department of Public Safety
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, Vermont 05671
HOW TO qualify for MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN VERMONT
- Must be a resident of Vermont with a valid Vermont I.D. as proof of residency. If you do not have a Vermont I.D. an out of state I.D., passport, or other photo I.D. with proof of residency such as bank statement, utility bill, etc. is acceptable.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records indicating diagnosis of a qualifying condition, as listed below. Learn how to request your medical records and remember to bring these records with you to your marijuana evaluation appointment.
- Obtain a Marijuana Registry Physician’s Medical Verification Form from a physician licensed to practice in Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or New York. (You can find aVermont medical marijuana doctor here.)
- Register with the Vermont Marijuana Registry to receive a registry identification card akamedical marjiuana card by sending your application form, Physician’s Medical Verification Form, and $50 application fee to the address listed below. Patients can download the application form here.