ARIZONA MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
In order to receive full legal protections of Arizona medical marijuana laws, patients must apply for and obtain a registry identification card from the state’s mandatory medical marijuana program, which is administered by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS).
HOW TO OBTAIN A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IN ARIZONA
To legally qualify for medical marijuana in Arizona, you must complete the entire ADHS application form for the state’s medical marijuana program, which is only available online at http://www.azdhs.gov/prop203. Here are directions from the ADHS on to apply for your AZ medical marijuana card:
- collect all documentation required during the application process and follow all application instructions for Adult Patients, Patients Under 18, or Caregivers
- Before beginning the application process, be sure you have the following items in digital format ready for upload:
- electronic copy of photo id; and
- current digital photograph and
- electronic copy of physician's certification form; and
- electronic copy of your attestation; and
- Visa or Mastercard for payment; and
- if applicable, SNAP documentation.
- verify all data is correct before saving each page of the application.
- complete and submit the entire application at http://www.azdhs.gov/prop203 without closing the browser.
- You will not be able to save and resume your application later.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN ARIZONA
- Must be a resident of Arizona.
- Obtain an authenticated, written certification from a doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathic medicine, naturopathic physician or homeopathic physician licensed in the state of Arizona that states that you have been diagnosed with a debilitating condition and that you would likely receive benefit from marijuana Patients can find a medical marijuana doctor in Arizona here.
- Note: You may be required to bring a copy of your medical records to your marijuana evaluation appointment, indicating diagnosis of a qualifying condition as listed below. Learnhow to request your medical records.
- Once you have received your marijuana recommendation, you must register with the Arizona Department of Health Services to obtain a Medical Marijuana card.